Funder: Hort Innovation
Partners: The University of Melbourne, The University of NSW, the City of Melbourne and the Victorian Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning
Researchers: A/Prof Nick Williams, A/Prof John Rayner, Dr Claire Farrell, A/Prof Kath Williams, Dr Rebecca Miller, Dr Kate Lee and A/Prof Katherine Johnson from The University of Melbourne, Prof Leisa Sargent from The University of NSW and PhD, masters and honours students.
In this project, we are investigating and developing solutions to cultural, community and horticultural barriers to green roof construction.
With expertise in green infrastructure, psychology and business, our interdisciplinary research team is investigating:
- the effectiveness of demonstration green roofs in overcoming barriers to uptake
- proven plant palettes for different green roof build-ups
- maintenance needs of different green roof build-ups for new implementation guidelines
- which green roof plants are aesthetically attractive to a wide range of people
- vegetation characteristics that increase emotional wellbeing.
For more information please contact Nick Williams from the Green Infrastructure Research Group at email@example.com.